Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fresh Idea on Yarn Combination

One of the things that fascinates me most is unexpected ways of combining different types of yarn in a single project - and at the last knitting class, I encountered a fresh combination of yarns - Hamanaka  Fuuga and Sublime Organic Merino DK.


I have never thought about using these two yarns together - my student told me she wanted to make a scarf for her niece using a soft color yarn. So, we picked up the Fuuga (left). This is a 100% wool variegated yarn and it is pretty soft and light - this color number (3) has a collection of spring color, so I thought it would be nice to make a little girl's scarf.

Then, she told me that her niece likes purple - so I grabbed Sublime Organic Merino, as it was one of a few yarns that has a shade of purple. She immediately liked it, and told me that she wanted to knit these two yarns together.

I thought that to be very fascinating, as I never came up to the idea of knitting these two together.

After browsing many knitting books, we chose to work on feather and fan pattern, and here is the beginning of this project:


Looks so cute! I can't wait to see the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment